Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Wheat grain


He nurtured me too tall,
Glad I had them all.
And just as he wished I promised fruits,
Then he would come by to sever me from roots.

Thronged and thrown into the basket with others,
I was beaten to husk and naked grain unlike brothers.
It crammed me into the demonic sack,
Only to be pounded by a roaring mammoth.

Stranded in the powerful jaws of machine,
I Pieced into half a million modicums,
He would then purify me and pack me up for a distant tour,
Only to become someone’s fine breakfast somewhere.

Then came the deputy behemoth, the men to super fine me,
He didn’t warrant being more propitious either.
It bubbled me up with acid to bodily metabolism,
And disgorged me as fart, feculence and drippings.

What an odyssey for a wheat grain?
Again to the tillage to watch scions flourish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment